Non-Emergency Dispatch:
Sheriff's Office North:
Sheriff's Office South:
360.427.9670 X313

Home » Support » Support FAQ’s

Frequently Asked Questions

The following are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:

How do I get the Sheriff's Office to come and evict my tenant?

The Sheriff's Office does not become involved in any evictions until you obtain the 'Writ of Restitution'. There are several steps you must take prior to obtaining this document. They can be explained to you by your attorney. Another helpful resource is the web page about  'Landlord/Tenant Laws' which is on the Office of the Attorney General under Safeguarding Consumers.

Click here for information on the Washington State Attorney General's Office web page on the Landlord/Tenant Law. 

How do I get a protection order?

If you are a victim of domestic violence, this information will help you decide if you need a court order for protection and explain how to get one. There are three types of court orders that can protect you depending on whether other legal proceedings have already been filed.

You can get:

  • An Order for Protection (whether or not a criminal charge or domestic relations case has been filed).
  • A No Contact Order (if a criminal charge has been filed against the abuser).
  • A Restraining Order (only if a domestic relations case, such as a divorce or child custody action has been filed).

Before you seek an order:

If you are attacked (physically assaulted), call 911 immediately.

The deputy must arrest the abuser if:

  1. You are or were in a domestic relationship, and
  2. The deputy must have reason to believe an assault occurred within the past four hours.

I need fingerprints for a job application.  Does the Sheriff's Office provide this service?

Yes, the Sherriff's Office does provide this service in many situations.  Click here for more information.

How do I get a permit to carry a concealed pistol?

One of the duties of the Sheriff is to issue such permits to individuals that are legally qualified to carry a concealed pistol.  The decision to carry a concealed pistol imposes serious burdens responsibilities on an individual.  Please read our firearms page for more information about carrying a concealed pistol. 

How do I get a Forest Products Permit?

Please visit our Services page for more information about Forest Products permits.

How do I access court records?

You can download a brochure from that details information about obtaining court records.

How do I make a records request from the Sheriff's Office?

Click here for more information Public Disclosure Page  or download and complete our Public Records Request Form.

For further information contact Mason County Sheriff's Office at: 360.427.9670 ext. 313.